Recent General Posts
IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Fayetteville is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Fayetteville
SERVPRO of Fayetteville specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Click http://www.SERVPROfayetteville.com/employee-photos to meet our team!
Meet our Team - Cody Matthews
Production Manager, Cody Matthews
Cody is a southern boy who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty doing what he loves. As our Production Manager, he enjoys leading our restoration team and learning more about the industry every day.
Cody is a huge asset to our team with his unwillingness to quit and his go-getter personality. He goes out of his way to do everything his team does and more. He sets a strong example of what a leader should be.
Cody carries those same principles to his life outside of SERVPRO as well. On the weekends, he works hard to help his dad with landscaping and construction projects. When he gets a bit of free time, he hunts and fishes with all his best guy friends that he grew up with in Dunn, NC. Cody rarely rests and we always wonder if he ever truly sleeps. The guy is an expert at operating efficiently with no down time in sight.
As we head into the new year, we get to reflect on the incredible people that we have here at our franchise. We are grateful to have Cody as a member of our team. We truly couldn't be successful without them.
Meet Our Team - Kathleen
Here at SERVPRO of Fayetteville, we want all of our customers to know how much we care about them. The first step we take is answering the phone with care and compassion, knowing that the person on the other end of the line could be having one of the worst days of their life.
Our Office Manager, Kathleen Emond, is the one who takes charge and informs our customers about what we have to offer and how we can make their disaster "Like it never even happened." Kathleen has been with SERVPRO of Fayetteville for 7 years and has 17+ years of restoration experience under her belt. She has worked in the field and in the office so there is not much she hasn't seen and there is no situation she cannot mediate and restore for our customers.
However, there is more to Kathleen than just her restoration and specialty cleaning knowledge. Kathleen is an Army brat who eventually ended up in Pensacola, Florida where she calls home. Although she loves Florida, her son gave her 2 beautiful grandchildren that brought her to Fort Bragg in 2010 and she has never looked back.
Kathleen and her husband enjoy spending time with their family whenever possible. They also enjoy being active in the local Moose Lodge. Kathleen's hobbies that take up the most time outside of work are camping, laughing, swimming, music and dancing like nobody is watching!
Now that you know a little bit more about Kathleen, we hope you feel more than comfortable calling our office in your time of need. We will take care of you and your family like they are our own!
Emergency Supply Kit
Emergency Supply Kit
Make sure that you are ready when an emergency strikes. Recommended items to include in an emergency supply kit:
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Food (non-perishable 3-day supply)
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust masks or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Local maps
- Hygiene items
- Important documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
SERVPRO® is proud to partner with the American Red Cross as the largest corporate sponsor for Ready Rating, ensuring communities are prepared before disasters strike, and to support our neighbors when natural or man-made disasters do strike.
For more information on how to be more prepared for any emergency situation visit:
Dos and Don'ts of Vandalism Clean-up
If this happens to you, call us so we can professionally remove the problem!
How to clean up after your property has been vandalized.
Knowing a few tips on how to properly clean up after you have been a victim can help prevent further damage. Fast action is also critical.
First it is important to make a list of all damage.
- Hose or wash egg damage from building exterior using water as soon as possible.
- Use a shop vac to vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery.
- Save containers which reveal the ingredients of spilled inks, cosmetics and paints.
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances.
- Discard furniture wood chips, broken pieces from porcelain, furniture or art objects.
Call a professional. SERVPRO of Fayetteville provides commercial and residential cleanup and is available 24/7. 910-860-1163