The importance of cleaning your fireplace
Chimneys are meant to ventilate toxins and fumes out of the house, but when creosote residue layers on too thick inside the chimney, dangerous house fires can occur. Regularly cleaning your fireplace can help prevent accidents that can cause potential harm and damage. Creosote deposits can also make it harder for air to circulate which means homeowners often use more firewood that burns less efficiently.
Animals like small birds, insects, and rodents can also become trapped in the chimney and further cause blockage to the chimney flue and prevent toxic fumes from escaping the household. Complications like these can eventually lead to carbon monoxide poisoning, which can cause sickness and death.
Using a professional cleaning and repair service to clean your fireplace can help prevent house fires and the deadly risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. A clean fireplace can help your home feel safe and protected, especially during cold winter months.
If a house fire does occur SERVPRO of Fayetteville is locally owned and operated and can help. Contact SERVPRO of Fayetteville at (910) 860-1163.