Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The proper handling of the crime or trauma scene is crucial to the safety of everyone involved. Biohazard cleanup is challenging work that requires technicians to handle potentially hazardous materials such as blood and body fluids. Recently, owner Lee Herring completed the National Institute of Decontamination Specialists (NIDS) Crime and Trauma Scene Bio-Recovery Course by successfully passing the ABRA CBRT exam. Mr. Herring also completed an OSHA certification from (NIDS). In addition to the (NIDS) certification, SERVPRO® of Fayetteville is certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). They are the nonprofit certifying body for the cleaning and restoration Industry.
This is not only an impressive accomplishment but this is a way you can be certain that you are getting trained, professional response from SERVPRO® of Fayetteville.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (910) 860-1163
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Fayetteville has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Hope Mills
- Spring Lake